The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) COVID-19 prevention protocols and resumption guidelines for students.
The management of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) has released the COVID-19 prevention protocols and resumption guidelines for all students of the institution.
FUTA COVID-19 Prevention Protocols, Resumption Guidelines
Before you proceed, check out these opportunities:
All students are to note the following guidelines for resumption:
- University Hostels will be opened to accommodate students as from Monday 18th January 2021. No student will be allowed into the hostels earlier than that date.
- Hand washing materials will be provided at strategic points within the campus, and students should wash their hands at regular intervals.
- Students are to ensure strict compliance with Covid-19 protocols by putting on their facemasks within and outside the University premises, and in this regard, each student is to have at least five (5) sets of washable facemasks.
- Each student is to come with hand sanitiser, which should be in his/her possession at all times and be used at intervals.
- Students are to ensure social distancing by avoiding handshaking, hugging and all forms of massing together in and around the campus.
- Students should avoid overcrowded areas such as Football Viewing and Worship Centres, especially when such places disregard appropriate COVID-19 safety protocols.
- All students are to ensure the wearing of ID cards with lineyards for easy identification at all times.
- No visitor is allowed into the University hostels till further notice.
- Common and Reading Rooms in the hostels remain closed till further notice.
- No party /gathering of any kind will be allowed in the University.
- The number of passengers on-campus shuttles has been reduced. It is compulsory for students to put on their facemasks while riding on shuttle buses.
- Students residing off-campus are to ensure compliance with the Covid-19 Prevention Protocols as well.
- In case of emergency, contact the Health Centre (08034741840, 08060265573, 09037038195) or Student Affairs (08033503320, 08034729164, 08035856299) or Ondo State Hotlines: 0700COVID19 (07002684319), 0701COVID19 (07012684319), 0800COVID19 (08002684319).
Personal responsibility is the key to safety, wishing you a hitch-free resumption.
Prof. Gbenga E. ONIBI
Dean of Students
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!